Chief Executive, Thompson Thrift Development
As chief executive of Thompson Thrift Development, Paul oversees the development of the company’s asset portfolio and new market opportunities. He founded Thompson Thrift with partner John Thompson in 1986. Under their leadership, the business has grown into the nationally recognized full-service real estate development and construction company it is today.
During his tenure as its president, Paul has successfully guided Thompson Thrift Development through the competitive real estate marketplace while expanding the company’s portfolio to include multifamily, institutional, industrial and commercial developments across the country. The Indianapolis Business Journal recently recognized Thompson Thrift Development as the fourth “Largest Indianapolis-Area Commercial Real Estate Developers.”
In 2008, he cofounded Watermark Residential, a full-service multifamily housing developer. Since then Watermark Residential has developed a national profile and was ranked 9th on Multi-Family Executive magazine’s 2014 Top 25 list of Multifamily General Contractors (Thompson Thrift) and 15th on the 2014 list of Top 25 Multifamily Developers in the nation. The company continues to grow and develop and is actively working projects across the United States. Watermark has completed over one billion dollars in new developments since 2010.
Paul is very involved in his community volunteering and serving multiple non-profit and civic organizations. Current and past non-profit involvement includes:
- Indiana State Chamber, Executive Committee Member and Vice Chair
- Terre Haute Chamber of Commerce, Past Chair
- Terre Haute Economic Development Corporation, Past Chair
- Indiana State University Foundation, Past Chair Athletic Advancement Committee
- Wabash Valley Red Cross, Past Chair
- World Gospel Church, Terre Haute, IN, Deacon Council Past Chair
- Indiana State University School of Business Dean’s Council
- Terre Haute Tomorrow & Terre Haute Competes, Steering Committee Chair
- Multi-Family Leadership Board, NAHB
Paul and his wife, Angie, have three children: Carson (19), Claire (15) and Harrison (10). Bio